SeniorCare.care Privacy Statement
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are two kinds of information web sites can obtain about you:
(1) Anonymous Information: “Anonymous Information” is aggregate data that web sites use to administer their sites. It may include such information as your browser type or your Internet Protocol (IP) address. SeniorCare.care may from time to time retain third parties to help us collect and aggregate this Anonymous Information.
IP Addresses. An IP address is a unique string of numbers that is assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. Web servers automatically identify your computer by its IP address. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our Site, to avoid hacking attacks on the Site’s server, and may use it to gather broad demographic information. Log data is only used in aggregate to analyze usage of this Site. We do not link IP addresses to any personally identifiable information, even if such information is voluntarily provided by a user.
- Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to our users based on their visit to our sites and other sites on the Internet.
(2) Personally Identifiable Information: “Personally Identifiable Information” is any information that personally identifies you, such as your name, email address or your telephone number. Sometimes this personal information is needed when you contact us. We may ask you to provide us with personal information on a voluntary basis in certain areas of our Site. In particular, you may be asked to provide the following information:
User IDs and Passwords. We may request that you create a login name and password. We may also use this information to send you announcements of new Site features and promotional material that we think may be of interest to you.
Email Correspondence. Scattered throughout the Site are links or forms that can be used to contact SeniorCare.care so you can comment, make a complaint, make suggestions and ask questions. Your email address is required on this form so we can answer your questions. SeniorCare.care may put information from email on file, but does not currently share, sell, license or transmit this information with third parties without express authorization from you.
HOW WE USE GATHERED INFORMATION
The information you share with us may be used in a few ways:
(1) Anonymous Information: Anonymous Information is used internally for Site administration, troubleshooting and to help improve the quality of the website. We may share such aggregated, non-personally identifiable information, such as demographics, with existing and prospective business partners and affiliates. We never connect aggregate information with personally identifiable information, and none of the aggregate information we share will contain any information that identifies you individually.
(2) Personally Identifiable Information: Personally Identifiable Information collected by SeniorCare.care may be used for purposes including administration of the website and communications with you. When you fill out our survey forms and questionnaires regarding “SeniorCare.care,” we may use such information to match prospective residents with Senior Care communities contained in the SeniorCare.care database. We may also use this information to help us determine other products and services we may offer. We do not share this information with outside parties except in aggregate form. In all cases, we will use your information only as permitted by law.
We may also disclose personally identifiable information if we are required to do so by law or we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law or with legal process; (b) protect and defend our rights and property; (c) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Site; or (d) protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public. Please note that we may not provide you with notice prior to disclosure in such cases.
Although most SeniorCare.care users indicate that they welcome promotional material about SeniorCare.care, we support the right of our visitors to choose. You will be given the right to opt-out of receiving such information whenever you are asked to provide Personally Identifiable Information on this website. If you do not opt-out at that time, but later decide that you do not wish to receive future communications of this nature you can contact us at the address provided below, indicating that you no longer want to receive information relating to the SeniorCare.care website.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You have a right to know about the personal information that SeniorCare.care holds about you, including the right to correct, amend or delete the information that SeniorCare.care has on file if it is incorrect. If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us by email or postal mail at the addresses below.
This website incorporates safeguards to protect the security, integrity and privacy of the personal information we have collected. We have put in place reasonable precautions to protect information from loss, misuse and alteration, including Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) technology and database encryption. While on a secure page, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox becomes locked, as opposed to unlocked, or open, when you are just “surfing.” While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we use reasonable efforts to protect user information offline. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as required and only authorized individuals have access to the information you provide.
Security of information communicated by or to us over the Internet is of utmost concern to us; however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that your email, like most, if not all, non-encrypted Internet communications, may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge and permission, while in transit to us. For that reason, to protect your privacy, please do not use email to communicate information to us that you consider confidential. While we strive to protect your personal information, SeniorCare.care cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or through our Site, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our internal systems. Depending on the nature of the inquiry, your communication may be discarded or archived. If you wish, you may contact us instead via telephone at the numbers provided throughout our Site.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION THROUGH BUSINESS TRANSFERS
As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, and in so doing, acquire or provide user information. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets. Similarly, in the unlikely event that a portion or substantially all of SeniorCare.care’s assets are sold or transferred to a third party, user information (including your email address) would likely be one of the transferred business assets.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. The Children's Online Privacy and Protection Act of 1998 ("COPPA") defines a "Child" as anyone under the age of 13. SeniorCare.care strictly adheres to COPPA. For that reason, we do not collect or maintain information obtained through our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our Site is structured to attract anyone under 13.
CONSENT AND MODIFICATIONS TO PRIVACY STATEMENT
SeniorCare.care may modify this policy at any time, at its discretion and without notice to you, and modifications are effective upon being posted on this website. You are responsible for reviewing this policy periodically to ensure that you are aware of any changes to it.
ACCOUNT REVISIONS, REVOKING AND DELETING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We welcome your questions, comments and all feedback pertaining to your privacy or any other issue regarding this website.
At any time, you may ask us to cease further use of your email address to send you updates. Although it is not always possible to remove or modify such information from our databases, we will make reasonable efforts to do so. If you have given us information and we have already passed that information on to a third party in accordance with this policy, we cannot delete or change the information.
For any questions concerning this website or SeniorCare.care, please contact us at:
P.O. Box 2227
Stuart, FL 34995
This Policy was last updated and is effective as of April 5, 2018